Our big aim is to make students become friends with mathematical abstraction in theoretical computer science and machine learning. We strive to act as your friends, not as your masters.
The course evaluations which we receive at the end of the semester are always very good. This fills us with gratitude and pride. Herbert Jaeger was voted Teacher of the Year 2016 / 2017 by the students from the Departments of EE & CS and of Mathematics and Logistics.
Quick links to current courses (Spring 2019)
- Computability and Complexity (CO21-320352)
- Machine Learning (CO22-320372)
- Principles of Statistical Modeling (340101)
Supporting materials and additional information
- Overview of past and present courses
- Student projects at MINDS (semester projects, advanced graduate projects, BSc and MSc theses)
- Lecture notes repository
- The Interdisciplinary College - a Spring School for the ones who want to understand intelligent systems, natural or artificial
- A teaching highlight